You are not superman
2. If it's stupid but works, it's not stupid
3. Don't look conspicuous, it draws fire.
4. When in doubt, empty your magazine.
5. Never share a foxhole with anyone braver than you are.
6. Remember. Your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.
7. If your attack is going really well , its an ambush.
8. No plan survives the first contact intact.
9. All 5 second grenades fuses will burn out in 3.
10. Try to look unimportant. The enemy may be low on ammo.
11. If you are forward of your position the artillery will always fall
12. The important things are always simple.
13. The simple things are always hard.
14. The easy way is always mined.
15. If you are short of everything except enemy, you're in combat
16. When you have secured the objective, don't forget to let the
enemy know about it.
17. Incoming fire has the right of way.
18. If the enemy is in range, SO ARE YOU.
19. No combat ready unit ever passed inspection.
20. Beer math: two beers times 37 men equals 49 cases.
21. Body count math: two guerillas plus one portable plus to pigs
37 enemy KIA.
22. Things that must be together to work usually can't be shipped
23. Radios will fail as soon as you need fire support desperately.
24. Anything you do can get you shot, including doing nothing.
25. Tracers works both ways.
26. The only thing more accurate than incoming enemy fire is
incoming friendly fire.
27. Make it tough for the enemy to get in any you can't get out.
28. If you take more than your fair share of objectives, you will
have more than your fair share of objectives to take.
29. When both sides are convinced that they are about to lose,
they are both right.
30. Professional soldiers are predictable, but the world is full of
31. Murphy was a grunt!
Don't forget nothing.
2. Have you musket clean as a whistle, hatchet scoured, sixty rounds
powder and ball and be ready to march at a minutes notice.
3. When you are on the march, act the way you would if you were sneaking
up on a deer. See the enemy first.
4. Tell the truth about what you see and do. There's an army counting on
us for correct in formation. You can lie all you please when you tell
other folks about the rangers. But don't ever lie to a ranger or a
5. Don't never take a chance you don't have to.
6. When we're on the march we march single file, far enough apart so one
shot won't go threw two people.
7. If we strike swamps, or soft ground, we spread out abreast, so its hard
to track us.
8. When we march, we keep moving till dark. So as to give the enemy the
least possible chance at us.
9. When we camp, half the party stays awake while the other half sleeps.
10. If we take prisoners, we keep the separated till we have had time to
examine them, so they cant cook up a story between them.
11. Don't ever march home the same way. Take a different route so you
won't be ambushed
12. No matter whether we travel in big parties or little ones, each party
will keep a scout 20 yards ahead, twenty yards on each flank and twenty
yards to the rear, so the main body can't be surprised and wiped out.
13. Every night you'll be told were to meet if surrounded by a surprise
14. Don't' sit down to eat without posting sentries.
15. Don't sleep beyond dawn. Dawn's when the French and Indians attack.
16. Don't cross a river by a regular ford.
17. If somebody's trailing you , make a circle, come back onto your own
tracks and ambush the folk's who aim to ambush you.
18. Don't stand up when the enemy's coming against you. Kneel down. Hide
behind a tree.
19. Let the enemy come till he's almost close enough to touch. Then let
him have it and jump out and finish him with you hatchet.